30 Tips To Avoid Online Scam
If you are not too careful online there are lots of people trying to scam others of their money a couple of years ago my mother was scammed of 2 x £150 when she ordered two bikes from a Facebook paid ad going to a scam website.
Today we are sharing some tips to help you avoid getting scammed online.
1. Never share your credit card information, passwords, or other personal information when communicating with a potential scammer.
2. Don’t click on suspicious links or attachments within emails, texts, or social media messages.
3. Be aware of impostor scams where someone pretends to be a legitimate organization or a person you know.
4. Don’t respond to emails or pop-ups that ask for personal or financial information.
5. Do your research if you’re asked to invest in an opportunity by an online security company or other organization.
6. If a deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
7. Don’t be pressured into giving information, buying something online, or accepting a loan.
8. Use current antivirus software on all of your digital devices.
9. Don’t follow the instructions in an email that asks you to click on a link to update or verify your personal information.
10. Avoid public Wi-Fi connections for online transactions.
11. Double check the address of the website you’re visiting to make sure it isn’t a scam site pretending to be the real thing.
12. Only purchase items from trusted retailers or websites.
13. Be wary of “too good to be true” offers or free items – they are often scams or phishing attacks.
14. Remember to log out of websites you’ve used to buy online after each transaction.
15. Check your bank and credit card statements regularly for suspicious activity.
16. Follow your financial institution’s guidelines for online banking and account security.
17. Don’t send money or gift cards to strangers.
18. Delete suspicious emails and text messages.
19. Don’t fall prey to identity theft scams.
20. Be aware of cyberbullying as well as dating and romance scams.
21. Don’t provide your personal information to someone you do not know or trust.
22. Create strong passwords and change them often.
23. Verify the person or company is legitimate before working with them.
24. Don’t send money to lottery or prize sweepstakes if you didn’t actually enter the contest.
25. Opt out of unnecessary emails, texts, and other communication.
26. Avoid clicking on links within messages you’re suspicious of.
27. Use two-factor authentication when available.
28. Don’t give out your phone number or other contacts on social media.
29. Check out websites’ personal policies to make sure your information is secure.
30. Share your concerns about online scams with family and friends.
If you found these tips useful please feel free to share it with your friends using the social share buttons below